Saturday, January 1, 2011

The start of 2011

First, I hope everyone had a safe and Happy New Year! Also, wow, I can't believe that it is already the year of 2011.

Each year we are all known to make new year's resolutions, and with that we are also all guilty of not sticking with them. January 1st is a clean slate for most, a reason to start over, to make things and themselves better. I guess you can call me one of these people. I have a handful of resolutions. Some that I wish to keep to myself, others, I don't really care if people know.

Personally, I don't know if you would call some of them new year's resolutions, but more of a change in old habits, or making me a better person.

So, with this start of 2011, I plan on finding a church home, I will try and be a better daughter to both my parents, a better sibling to both my sister and my brother-in-law, and a better mentor to my nephews and niece. I am going to aim at being the friend people want and need me to be. I will have an open mind and listen more carefully. It has been brought to my attention numerous times by a friend (who will remain nameless) that I am a stubborn person. Well, that too I hope to change. Lastly, I am going to teach myself to have a new approach on things.

While these all sound like simple tasks, to me I don't believe that they are. God should always be at the top of my priorities and I have stumbled greatly in the past 6 months. My family is one of the most important things in my life and will always be my support group and therefore I need to fix my mistakes. My friends I see as a gift, and it would crush me to loose any one of them. Yes, my family is my support group, but I know I can turn to my friends when I need someone of my age and who understands what I'm going through to vent, or even just be around them to get my mind off things.

Now, some of the silly things for this year are broadening my abilities in the kitchen. I love to cook/bake so why not push myself and try new things. I started today by baking a philly brownie cheesecake. We shall see how it tastes tomorrow. Also, I'm going to try and lead a healthier lifestyle in all aspects. Not a diet, but just a lifestyle that is better for me in the long run; building better habits.

There are a few ideas left that I have floating around in my brain but I see them as not important or not blog worthy.

So, my dear readers, I hope that you too have figured out what you want to change or do differently this year and I hope that you are successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment