Thursday, December 30, 2010

Life Choices Part 1

So, it has been brought to my attention several times in this last week that I am 25, I'm not getting any younger, and I'm still single. HELLO?!?! Don't you think I freakin' know this about my own self??

Why is it that people feel that in order to be happy in life they either need a lot of money or a significant other?? Personally, I'm as happy as a clam. Not really, but I don't have this impression that when I am with someone they fill this void. I look at it as they add to my already overflowing cup of joy. I mean, if one more lady gives me the "Oh I'm so sorry dear"-look after I tell them I'm single, I may punch her so hard that they all feel the pain. Not just that, but don't ask me "Why?"... do you think I know?? Probably because I'm so damn picky. Yes, I'll admit it, I have a list. Not just any list, THE LIST. A list of characteristics/qualities/attributes, whatever you want to call it. No, don't sit there and think it is a list of what I want him to look at it, because that is actually no where to be found. They are things that are important to me, not just moral values, but interests, hobbies, etc. I mean if anyone truly knows me, then they know I cannot be with a guy who does not love college football as much as I do. Now you may be judging me, but do I honestly care? Sad to tell you, but no. Why not?... The way I see it, I've done the long term relationship stuff. Even started planning a wedding, and where did that get me? No where. I have loved and I have lost. Have I given up on "The One"? No. I think I have a clear idea of what I want. So why am I not dating? Maybe because every guy out there that I have come across I can hang out with them for a short period and decide whether or not I could spend the rest of my life with him. If I feel like there is no connection what so ever or we just have a difference of opinion on something that he may not know is of great importance to me, there is no point in wasting his time nor mine.

Does this make me a "B*tch"? - If it does then I'm sorry, but from my understanding, every female in this world is somewhat of one. Some of us are more loud and proud about it than others.

Do I want to be dating? - At this point in time, no. I mean come on, how's this for a pick up line, "Hi, I'm Kristen, 25yo who lives with mommy and daddy and is currently unemployed." Now that is a winner. I give myself two thumbs up.

The way I see it, I am fine where I am at. And as selfish as this may sound, I have things in my life that I need to take care of before I add my +1 to anything. For instance.... get a job.... MOVE OUT!!!!

So cliff's notes; I'm single, I'm perfectly okay with it, and I'm not really looking for anything anytime soon. So ladies who are members of the Pearland Gossip Line... BACK OFF!!!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment